A mother killed her three little daughters and tried to hang herself in Southeast Delhi’s Sangam Vihar Monday evening, police said.
Ambedkar Nagar police station received a call around 8.30 pm about one Radha Devi, who had strangled her daughters — aged 8 months, 3 and 8 years, named Sulena, Gwalini and Punita. Radha then tried to commit suicide by hanging herself, police said.
Before Radha acted, she had made a phone call to her husband Raju Singh, who was out at work, telling him about her plan to murder the girls and commit suicide, police said. But when Raju reached home, he found his daughters lying dead.
- Bareilly: Family alleges teen’s gangrape in ICU, police investigate case
- Delhi: Man strangles wife, surrenders in Kamla Market
- Delhi: Man booked for ‘raping’ 17-year-old daughter
- Hyderabad: Techie commits suicide over alleged ‘dowry harassment’
- Delhi: Woman held for killing child needed psychological help, was taken to dargah, say parents
- ‘He took his wife to doctor…and then we heard about 3 dead girls’
They were declared brought dead at ESI Hospital in Okhla.
The 27-year-old mother survived the apparent suicide bid and was later shifted to Safdarjung Hospital. She is undergoing treatment.
Police said early investigations reveal Radha might have been suffering from depression and anxiety after the birth of her third daughter last year. She had wanted a son, police said after talking to neighbours.
Police also said they are investigating whether she was being under any kind of pressure from her family or the in-laws.
Raju and Radha have been married for 10 years.