The family of the 32-year-old marketing executive, who was allegedly run over by a teenager driving his father’s Mercedes, welcomed the Juvenile Justice Board’s order on Saturday that the accused be tried as an adult and hoped for speedy justice.
“JJB has decided that the matter should be transferred to Sessions court and the boy tried as an adult. I hope we do not need to visit court again and again, and the way JJB has taken the decision, the court too delivers speedy justice,” Shilpa Mittal, the victim’s sister said.
Earlier on Saturday, the presiding officer of JJB passed the order on the application of Delhi Police, which had sought transfer of the case to trial court in order to try the the accused as adult. The accused had turned major just four days after the incident.
Police had said in its charge sheet that the boy had fatally run over Siddharth Sharma with his father’s Mercedes when the latter was trying to cross a road near Ludlow Castle School in north Delhi on April 4.