A man was arrested on Friday for allegedly killing his wife and stowing away her body in a box bed, police said. The matter was reported to police after the woman’s four children returned from school and found their mother missing. The incident occurred in Dadri area of Greater Noida on Thursday morning.
Police said the accused, identified as Inam, had murdered his wife, Varisha, over a petty argument. Police are yet to ascertain the cause of the argument.
“Inam’s children returned from school and found their mother missing.
- 17-year-old beaten to death by seven boys in revenge attack: Delhi Police
- Three missing schoolkids found eating langar at shrine after 48-hour search
- Murder of army officer’s wife: Major Nikhil Handa sent to 14-day judicial custody
- Army Major’s wife found with throat slit: ‘Colleague accused of killing woman returned to crime scene, then fled’
- Thrown out of vehicle with throat slit, Army major’s wife found killed near Delhi Cantt
- Surat rape-murder case: No lead on identity of victims, police find prime accused difficult to crack
Even though they asked their father repeatedly about their mother’s whereabouts, he told them a different story each time. Finally the children realised that something was amiss and reported the matter to other family members,” a senior police officer said.
By late evening, the elder daughter approached her maternal uncle and told him about their mother’s disappearance. This prompted Varisha’s family members to turn up at Inam’s residence and search the entire house.
“The body was discovered by the family members inside the box-bed. They said that Inam had dumped her body inside and had hoped to dispose of it later,” the officer said.
Varisha’s brother and other family members caught hold of Inam and brought him to the police station. They then filed a complaint against him.
During questioning, Inam admitted to killing his wife and hiding her body. SSP Preetinder Singh confirmed that he had been arrested and sent to jail.