To back their claim about a police complaint, the family of the 19-year-old girl, who was stabbed to death on Thursday, has circulated a letter they wrote to police in October 2013. In the letter, the girl’s mother accused her neighbours, who have been arrested for the murder, of physically and sexually assaulting her daughter.
In the letter dated October 15, 2013, lodged at Anand Parbat police station with DD entry number 44B, the mother of the victim alleged that her neighbours — Sunny, Ilu and their mother — abused her daughter.
“On October 9, all three of them started beating my daughter. They even threw a knife at her, and she was injured. They started abusing my daughter. One of them tore her clothes and humiliated her,” said the letter, which requested police to take some action.
- Mathura: Hours after ‘raping’ minor, accused strangulated
- Man pours acid on wife, kills himself; two daughters also injured: Police
- Acid attack victim who knocked on Delhi HC door gets police protection
- In Delhi for treatment, acid attack victim from Bihar seeks HC protection
- Acid attack: Former lover throws acid at woman, three booked
- Delhi: 19-year-old girl stabbed 35 times by duo accused of molesting her 2 years ago
The letter also said that all three threatened the girl of an acid attack.
“We were scared and lodged a complaint on October 15 at the Anand Parbat police station, but there was no immediate action. We then went to the DCP’s office in Daryaganj and there was an inquiry only after their intervention,” the victim’s mother said.
Despite police intervention, the accused continued to harass the victim, claimed her mother. “They kept on harassing her and never stopped. They were angered by the police’s inquiry in the case,” she said.
She said the harassment continued until Thursday evening, when the 19-year-old was stabbed multiple times, allegedly by Sunny and Ilu, who have been arrested.
DCP Parmaditya admitted that around two years ago, a complaint had been submitted by the victim’s mother with the DCP’s office.