Metro Rail services, between Mandi House and ITO stations in Delhi, will begin very soon with the Urban Development Ministry, amending rules to allow the operations on single-line sections.
The Metro Railway General Rules, 2013 have been amended and the changes are notified to allow the operations on single-line sections. This move will benefit Metro rail services in the national capital and Chennai.
- Magenta Line of Delhi Metro to be inaugurated on May 28 by CM Arvind Kejriwal, MoS Hardeep Singh Puri
- Delhi Metro Magenta Line: Janakpuri-Kalkaji section to run services from next week
- Delhi Metro’s Violet line halts for 90 minutes due to technical glitch
- Metro trial runs at ITO likely in Dec
- Central Sect-Mandi House Metro line to be inaugurated tomorrow
- Mandi House, Janpath stations under Metro Phase-III to open next week
The construction work on the single line, Mandi House to ITO section was completed by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, in January, this year. But operations on this 971-metre section could not be started as safety inspection and not be carried out as per provisions of the Metro Railway General Rules.
The U.D Ministry held several rounds of discussions with the Commissioner of Railway Safety (C.R.S), Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety(C.M.R.S), Delhi Metro Rail Corporation and the Ministry of Civil Aviation which is the controlling authority
of CRS, Ministry of Railways and experts are on the go to resolve this issue.Finally, at an inter-agency meeting chaired by Urban
Development Minister M.Venkaiah Naidu, it was decided to amend the 2013 Rules to enable operations on the single line metro in the national capital.