May 6, 2009 1:22:30 am
The Election Commission on Tuesday said the Deputy Commissioner of Police (Northeast) is looking at videos of speeches made by BJP candidate from Northeast Delhi B L Sharma Prem to investigate charges of making inflammatory comments in violation of the model code of conduct. The DCP is to submit a report to the EC.
HAMARI JAMATIA,who has been tracking the candidate,culls samples from his speeches:
* This election is a fight between two vichaardharas (ideologies). The Sachar Committee report says a section of people should be given special treatment. I say,we (Hindus) are 95 per cent and they are five per cent. Why should they be given all the benefits?
* Ten people came to Bombay aur hamara mooh kaala kar ke chale gaye (humiliated us) but instead of punishing them,we keep writing to this person and that person…. The other (case) is Afzal Guru if his name was Mohan Singh,he would have been hanged the same day (attack on Parliament).
Best of Express Premium
* Manmohan Singh is a Sardar,and he says Ram does not exist… Sardars trace their ancestry to Ram wah re wah,how can he say this?
* (Inspector) M C Sharma is being doubted if he killed people,he killed them. Jo hum pe goli chalayega,hum unko maar denge (we will kill those who fire at us).
Speech at Patwa Dharamshala,Bhrampuri,April 27,3-4 pm; around 100 present at the rally
Sharmas public pledge
* Kehni hai ek baat zara si mulk ke pehredaron se,sambhal ke rehna apne ghar mein chupe hue gaddaron se… Jai Shri Ram
(We need to ask the guardians of the nation to be aware of traitors hiding inside the house)
* Hum pratigya karte hain ke 14 August,1947 ko raatri barah baje jis Congress ne Bharat Ma ke seene mein khanjar ghonpa,laakhon matayein behne vidhwa hue,laakhon bacche yatim ho gaye,desh vibhajit ho gaya,hamare 62 zile,218 mandir,gurudwaren Pakistan mein chale gaye… aisi Congress sarkar ko hum Nigombodh Ghat pahuncha denge. Jai Shri Ram
(The Congress party,which on the midnight of August 14,1947,stabbed the heart of Mother India with a dagger,which widowed lakhs of women,orphaned lakhs of children,divided the country,making us lose 62 districts,218 temples and gurudwaras to Pakistan… we will take this Congress to the Nigambodh Ghat)
Speech part of a pledge (shapath) Sharma exhorted about 250 people gathered near Bhajanpura Police Station to take on May 5; 6-7 pm. BJP MLA from Ghonda Sahab Singh Chauhan was also present.
Newsline could not contact B L Sharma Prem on Tuesday evening despite repeated attempts.
🗞 Subscribe Now: Get Express Premium to access our in-depth reporting, explainers and opinions 🗞️
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.