Delhi University Professor S A R Geelani Wednesday moved sessions court, seeking bail in the alleged sedition case against him, and said that the case had been “falsely foisted upon him”.
- Court sends journalist Upendra Rai to 14-day judicial custody
- Delhi High Court seeks Anti Corruption Branch’s response of contractor’s bail plea
- PWD scam: Delhi court issues production warrant for Arvind Kejriwal’s arrested kin
- Delhi court rejects bail plea of AAP MLA in Chief Secretary assault case
- Geelani’s remarks are against country: Delhi Police to court
- AROUND TOWN
Geelani told the court that the very basis of the registration of FIR was an alleged report published by Zee News about the incident. However, “contrary to the submissions” of police before the trial court, “there are no video clips of the public event,” he said.
He was sent to 14-day judicial custody by a magisterial court. The court will hear his bail plea Thursday.