scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Sunday, October 17, 2021

Five-year-old boy dies of electric shock, two others injured in Delhi’s Neb Sarai

DCP Thakur said action will be taken against people responsible for putting up the temporary connection in the area and negligence that led to the death.

By: Express News Service | New Delhi |
September 23, 2021 10:58:10 am
All three boys were aged around 5 and were rushed to Max hospital after locals found them lying on the road

A five-year-old boy died and two others sustained severe injuries after they allegedly stepped on an electric live wire lying on the road in South Delhi’s Neb Sarai.

Atul Kumar Thakur DCP South said, “ We received a PCR call at 4.40 pm about the incident. When we went to the spot for inquiry, there were three children who accidentally stepped on the wire and received a shock.”

All three boys were aged around 5 and were rushed to Max hospital after locals found them lying on the road. One of the boys, a resident of Khanpur village, succumbed to the injuries.

DCP Thakur said action will be taken against people responsible for putting up the temporary connection in the area and negligence that led to the death.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Delhi News, download Indian Express App.

  • The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement