As a progressive step towards Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘Digital India’ project, Telecom company Tata Docomo joined hands with the New Delhi Municipal Council on Sunday and launched Wi-Fi services in the business hub of the capital, Connaught Place.
We bring to you six things that you should know about this new facility:
1. Visitors to Connaught Place now have public wi-fi access after the NDMC and Tata Docomo launched the facility on Sunday.
2. All you need is a mobile phone with an active number and wi-fi receiver. The user is issued a one-time password to log in to the network.
3. The first 20 minutes of usage is free. After that, recharge coupons can be bought online or at the service provider’s retail store at CP.
4. Recharge cards will cost Rs 10 for 30 minutes, Rs 20 for an hour and Rs 50 for three hours.
5. The wi-fi connectivity at CP will stretch over 4.5 sq km and will cover the inner and outer circles of CP.
6. The facility was inaugurated by BJP Member of Parliament Meenakshi Lekhi, who played American singer Pharell William’s hit Happy through YouTube using the wi-fi network at Central Park.