A fire broke out in a Maruti showroom in Noida Sector-10 around 9 pm on Saturday. Fire department officials said a short circuit in the basement led to the fire.
“A spark in the electrical wiring spread to all rooms and stores in the basement. A fire control room call was made around 9.30 pm. Nine fire-tenders were rushed to the spot and the fire was doused. It did not spread to the two upper floors, where cars were parked for display,” chief fire officer M Tyagi said.
Police said the fire broke out when almost all the employees had left for home. Three persons were in the basement. Police said when they saw smoke billowing from a section of the basement, they ran up to the terrace and were rescued by firefighters, police said.
Shivram Yadav, DSP, Noida said, “No FIR had been registered and there were no casualties. The exact cause of fire and the extent of the damage is yet to be ascertained.”
The fire did not spread to the first floor or else the cars would have been damaged and destroyed, general manager Anuj Sharma said. “We are still clearing the registers, machines and computers, so we have not been able to estimate the extent of damage,” he said.