Updated: July 26, 2021 11:58:45 am
A fire broke out at the Maharashtra Sadan in New Delhi on Monday morning. Officials said nobody was injured and the fire was doused with the help of the staffers within minutes.
Delhi Fire Services said they had sent four fire tenders after they received a call at around 9.00 am.
“The fire started from an air conditioner. We suspect it to be a case of short circuit. Security personnel at the Sadan and firemen brought the fire under control within minutes. We have received the stop message and a cooling operation has been initiated. The area is being inspected and local authorities or police will conduct an investigation,” the officer added.
There were 5-7 security personnel and staffers present at the spot.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.