A minor fire was reported from one of the rooms on the first floor of North Block on Friday afternoon.
According to the Fire department officials,the control room received a call that an air-conditioning duct has caught fire around 4.30 pm. Soon,five fire-tenders were sent to the spot.
Room number 138,where the fire was reported,is where the Union Finance Ministry keeps all its records – documents and other material.
A police officer said no document was destroyed in the fire. The fire was doused within 15-20 minutes. No case has been registered by police. No damage has been reported, he said.
The police officer said a short circuit is suspected to have sparked the fire.