A Motor Accident Claims Tribunal (MACT) has awarded a compensation of over Rs 22 lakh to the parents of a 26-year-old journalist who lost his life in a road accident in 2006.
MACT presiding officer Manish Gupta directed New India Assurance Company Ltd, with which the offending car was insured, to pay Rs 22,55,132 as compensation to the parents of victim Kunal Manchanda, an online editor at Independent News Service Pvt. Ltd.
- Chandigarh: Tribunal awards Rs 45 lakh to kin of man killed in mishap
- MACT awards Rs 23.86 lakh compensation to dead biker’s kin
- Accident claims tribunal grants Rs 75 lakh compensation to kin of Himachal govt staffer
- MACT awards Rs 19 lakh compensation to family of biker killed in 2016
- Motor tribunal awards Rs 65 lakh compensation to victim’s kin
- Engineer’s parents awarded Rs 17L as compensation
Manchanda was returning home from Noida on his motorcycle, when he by the car at Prashant Vihar.
Relying on the documents on record, the tribunal held the driver guilty of rash and negligent driving.