Four members of a family, who had come to visit India Gate in Delhi on Friday night, were allegedly beaten up by a mob following an argument with a battery toy car owner.
The incident took place at around 11 p.m. when the family members, who had come from Old Delhi, got into an argument with a battery powered toy car owner.
The family members alleged that there was no battery inside a toy car which was carrying their child and even then the toy car owner asked them for money. When they complained about this, one of the family members was allegedly slapped by the toy car owner.
- UP: Woman beaten to death, two injured in attack over financial dispute
- Army Major’s wife found with throat slit: ‘Colleague accused of killing woman returned to crime scene, then fled’
- Dalit ragpicker Mukesh Vaniya beaten to death in Rajkot; five people arrested
- Kashmiris roughed up in Delhi: Police arrest four, say fight was over feeding stray dogs
- Kashmiri siblings beaten up near home, called ‘terrorists’
- Around town
“There was no battery in the toy car carrying my child. They slapped one of our family members when we objected,” said one of the victims. He further added that he was beaten up with belts and sticks by 40 people when he intervened into the argument.
The injured people were given medical aid.
The police has started investigation in the case.