The BJP once again brought up the alleged fake certificate issue of AAP Law Minister Jitender Singh Tomar, with Legislature Party Leader Vijender Gupta urging the Lt-Governor to seek a report from the Delhi government on the matter.
- Delhi High Court raps Arvind Kejriwal: ‘You can’t go inside someone’s house and hold a strike’
- L-G must ask IAS officials to cooperate: Its leaders inside, AAP marches on L-G’s house
- Oppn, bureaucrats give it a miss: Delhi govt’s iftar ends up as AAP-only affair
- Delhi L-G Jung gives nod to prosecute Somnath Bharti in molestation case
- Fake degree row: AAP’s internal Lokpal to decide Jitender Singh Tomar’s future
- BJP questions AAP’s morals, wants Tomar removed
Gupta said Najeeb Jung had assured him of taking appropriate action on the basis of the report. “The BJP leader along with his fellow MLAs, O P Sharma and Jagdish Pradhan, presented documents and proof of Tomar’s degree being fake to the L-G,” a statement issued by the BJP leader said.
Gupta told Jung that “being the Constitutional authority and custodian of law in Delhi, he may take immediate steps to remove Tomar from his position in the Cabinet”. Gupta demanded that the L-G initiate disciplinary action against Tomar and restore people’s faith in governance, moral values and the law.
“We submitted a memorandum because Delhiites have lost faith in a chief minister who has been tolerating the corrupt practices of a minister who holds charge of the Law department. Now that Tomar has been exposed, he must be prosecuted and punished,” Gupta said.