Updated: May 29, 2019 11:38:26 am
A fire broke out at Kaveri Girls Hostel in Janakpuri, South Delhi at 3 am this morning, leaving at least six girls injured. Around 50 girls were evacuated from the building. The fire is said to have started from an electric panel in the basement of the girls’ hostel which later spread to the ground floor.
Six girls were admitted to a nearby hospital due to problems caused by smoke inhalation, PTI quoted Chief Fire Officer Atul Garg as saying and added two of the six girls were discharged after receiving first aid.
Three fire tenders were present at the site and the flames were doused within half an hour, by 3.30 am.
Last week, a huge fire broke out at a complex that housed a student coaching centre in Surat killing 20 students. The Vadodara Municipal Corporation Friday issued an immediate notice to about 152 coaching classes in the city to remain shut until they acquire NOC from the fire safety department.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.