Updated: December 16, 2015 11:47:19 am
The Supreme Court on Wednesday passed a slew of orders to check pollution in Delhi. Last week, the National Green Tribunal, in an interim order, banned registration of diesel vehicles in Delhi till January 6, while also suggesting that the central and Delhi governments must stop buying diesel cars in the city. Here are the top five orders of the Supreme Court.
1. SC bans registration of diesel-run SUVs and cars having engines beyond 2000 cc in Delhi and NCR from March 1, next year.
2. SC raises by 100 per cent the Green cess being levied on commercial vehicles entering Delhi.
3. Commercial vehicles, which are not Delhi bound, will not be allowed to enter national capital through entry points NH-8 and NH-1.
Best of Express Premium
4. Commercial vehicles registered before 2005 cannot enter Delhi, says SC.
5. Only CNG-run taxis will be allowed to ply in Delhi and NCR, says SC.
🗞 Subscribe Now: Get Express Premium to access our in-depth reporting, explainers and opinions 🗞️
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.