A 35-year-old man was allegedly shot dead by two men on a motorcycle in outer Delhi’s Bawana Monday night. One of the two suspects had been arrested and sent to prison for allegedly molesting the victim’s niece last year, said police, adding that he was released on bail months ago.
Initial investigation has revealed that family members of the accused had been pressuring the girl’s family to withdraw the case. The incident took place Monday night when the victim was on his way home, said a police officer. “He was stopped by the two men. The pillion rider took out his pistol and opened fire at him, before fleeing the spot,” added the officer.
- Minor boys allegedly gangrape girl in Dehradun outskirts after watching porn
- Sambhal ‘gangrape’-murder: Prime accused held, SP says PM Modi ignoring crime against women
- Out on bail in rape case, man kills victim’s uncle
- Amid outrage over Kathua, four rape cases lodged in single day in UP; victims in three are children
- Etah: 9-yr-old ‘raped’, murdered; man held
- Day after girl alleged rape by BJP MLA, her father dies in custody; four arrested
“The investigation has revealed that two local youths committed the crime. The victim’s niece had filed a case of molestation against one of the youths last year. He was arrested and sent to jail, but was later released on bail. He then started pressuring the victim’s family to withdraw their complaint. Another case of molestation had also been filed against him by another girl,” said the officer.
Local residents held protests at Bawana Road Tuesday, demanding action against the assailants.