A 30-year-old woman ticket operator at Shahdara Metro station in east Delhi has accused the station controller of molesting her while on duty, said police.
According to police, a case under sections 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) and 509 (gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of the Indian Penal Code has been registered at Shastri Park Metro police station Saturday.
- One arrested for ‘rape’ of Italian woman by Mumbai Police
- Rape complainant threatened: Panchayat Bhawan employee accuses manager of harassment in Chandigarh
- 13-year-old girl molested by florist outside dargah, accused held: Delhi Police
- Businessman held for ‘raping’ domestic help
- Delhi: 34-yr-old held for molesting woman, say police
- Man held for ‘molesting’ woman in DTC bus
Police said they are questioning the accused. The woman, in her complaint, alleged that the accused tried to touch her inappropriately and threatened her of dire consequences when she resisted.
She also alleged that the accused had abused her on previous occasions. Investigation into the incident is underway, said police.