A man allegedly killed his 12-year-old stepson after an argument with his wife in West Delhi’s Nihal Vihar area, said police Saturday. The accused, identified as Sewa Ram, is on the run and police have formed teams to nab him.
“Sewa Ram stabbed the child, Vishwajit, with a knife Thursday night after an argument with his wife, Vidya. She had refused to accompany him to his village because Vishwajit had examinations,” said a police officer. “Sewa Ram attacked Vishwajit’s face. By the time Vidya could raise an alarm, he fled.”
- Assam: Man accused of raping daughter kills wife at court
- Drunken man opens fire when song of his choice isn’t played, woman injured
- Ambala: Man arrested for killing mother and wife of employer
- Violence in Kasganj town after three of family killed in robbery
- Delhi: 16-year-old kills infant son, suspected his wife had affair, say cops
- Man beaten to death for ‘raping’ eight-year-old girl
Vidya fainted and it was the neighbours who informed the police. Vishwajit was rushed to hospital, where he succumbed to injuries Friday, said the police.
Vidya is in shock and her statement has not been recorded so far, said the officer. Vishwajit was Vidya’s son from an earlier marriage. She married Sewa Ram around nine years ago and he brought them to Delhi, said the police.