Parents of a 17-year-old girl who committed suicide Tuesday have donated her eyes to respect her last wish, said sources. Reema Sood left behind a note saying she wanted her organs donated, but it was found some hours after her death and only her eyes could be donated, the sources added.
Sood, a resident of north Delhi’s Maurice Nagar area, could not clear the Chemistry paper in Class XI and hanged herself at home, said police. She could not clear the subject in the main examination and later in the compartment examination.
“The result came out on May 10, after which she locked herself in a room and hanged herself,” said a police officer.
- Delhi: 17-year-old found hanging at police post, cops face action
- Class XII student livestreamed suicide on Facebook: Police
- Class XII student live streamed suicide on Facebook: Police
- Tamil Nadu: Another girl ends life over NEET failure
- CBSE Class 10 results in, three student suicides in Delhi
- Haryana: Hours after gangrape, Class XII student hangs herself
Though grief-stricken, the girl’s father expressed sadness that only her eyes could be donated to Noida-based ICare Eye Bank, the officer added.
Madhur Verma, DCP (North), said an inquest has been initiated in the matter. In the note, the teenager did not blame anyone for the extreme step she was taking, said police.
Incidentally, police found 12 of Sood’s relatives have also signed organ donation papers.