Delhi gangrape accused critical,says defence counsel

Delhi gangrape accused critical,says defence counsel

Vinay Sharma,who is suffering from high-grade fever,has been moved to Lok Nayak Hospital.

Vinay Sharma,one of the accused in the December 16 gangrape case,was moved to Lok Nayak Hospital from Deen Dayal Upadhyay (DDU) Hospital on Tuesday.

He was moved because his health had not improved.

Sharma’s counsel,advocate AP Singh,told the fast track court of Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna that the accused was critical and suffering from high-grade fever. He was referred to LN Hospital from DDU hospital “for better care”.

Singh asked the court to grant Sharma interim bail “on humanitarian grounds” till the time he was unwell,but the plea was dismissed. “The interim bail cannot be allowed to accused Vinay Sharma. The application is dismissed. However,on defence counsel’s prayer that the accused be allowed to meet his father,mother and sister in the hospital,the court allows them to do so in the visiting hours,” Khanna said.

Meanwhile,a sub-inspector of Delhi Police deposed before the fast-track court of Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna on Tuesday that the bus,in which the woman was gangraped on December 16,was identified by the complainant and main accused Ram Singh was arrested from the bus itself.


The victim’s friend had identified the bus in the CCTV footage of a hotel,he said. “The said footage was shown to the complainant and he identified a bus in the footage which was like the bus they had boarded.”

On the basis of a tip-off received by the investigating officer,the police had spotted the bus parked at R K Puram in South Delhi.

“On the basis of a tip-off received by the IO,we reached Sector-3,R K Puram. When we reached Ravi Dass Camp,we saw the bus parked near a gurdwara. It was a white bus on which Yadav was written on one side,” the witness said.

This ‘Yadav’,he added,was similar to the word written on the bus seen in the CCTV footage from the hotel.

“When we reached the bus,one person got down from it and started running after seeing us. I chased that person and apprehended him. Upon enquiry,that person disclosed his name as Ram Singh,” he said.

The witness said upon inspection of the bus,its seats were found wet and there was blood on the floor as well as near the roof.

“The seats of the bus were found wet. Some blood was visible on the corner of the wall touching the ceiling as well as on the floor of the bus,” the witness told the court.

He said Ram Singh wore a green-and-black striped T-shirt which was torn from the collar.

There were bloodstains on his brown slippers. Police recovered the two rods,with which the victim and her friend were brutally assaulted,from him.

According to the witness,when the investigating officer of the case confronted Ram Singh about the bloodstains found in the bus as well as on his T-shirt and the condition of the vehicle,he could not reply. Upon further questioning,Singh had “admitted to his crime”,the witness said.

He added that Ram Singh had himself led them to the place where he had burnt the clothes and other things.


The witness was also made to identify the various weapons allegedly used in the incident as well as the bus in which the gangrape took place.