A major fire broke out in at least two godowns in Shahdara district’s Gandhi Nagar area early Tuesday morning. The Delhi Fire Service (DFS) received a call about the fire was received at 7.47 am, after which 21 fire tenders were rushed to the spot. However, no loss of life or injuries has been reported so far.
Fire Chief Atul Garg said, “The fire took place in a cloth godown which was shut at the time as it was early morning. This is why there were no casualties. Prima facie, it appears the fire took place due to a short-circuit.”
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines