Several cases of cash and jewellery theft in various apartments in the East District area were solved on Friday with the arrest of Nadeem Qureshi, a resident of Farid Nagar, who has been involved in similar burglaries in other cities, said police.
Nadeem has allegedly been involved in several such crimes over the last 21 years, during which he broke into over 500 apartments across the country, police said.
- Mumbai: Ola driver arrested for vehicle thefts
- Mumbai: Woman robbed of jewellery worth Rs 2.6 lakh, one arrested
- Manipur: Notorious drug lord who ran international cartel arrested
- Three jewellery shop workers arrested for theft worth Rs 57 lakh
- Two held, three minors detained for theft
- After 21 yrs and 500 burglaries across 8 states, police arrest man from capital
He and his accomplices would pick the buildings with lax security, a police officer said.
He was finally arrested in a raid near Cross River Mall, in Shahdara, as a result of the efforts of the special staff of East District, which was deployed to crack the case.
His car, allegedly bought using stolen money and used for the thefts, was recovered.