A 37-year-old man was killed and his 65-year-old father was injured after four men on motorcycles opened fire at them in Sadarpur village of Ghaziabad, said police Monday. The shooting occurred late Sunday night.
Police said Dhiraj and his father Jagveer were targeted over a financial dispute. Jagveer is battling for life in hospital, police added. “The two men were on their way home from work when they were stopped by four men on motorcycles who shot at them. While Dhiraj was grievously injured and succumbed to injuries, his father has sustained bullet injuries and is undergoing treatment.
- Ghaziabad: In alleged dowry case, woman dies of burn injuries
- Delhi Police seek medical opinion to link Bharti gang with attack on doctor
- Delhi: 45-year-old builder shot dead by four
- Ghaziabad: 36-yr-old shot dead in suspected road rage
- Two bystanders among four dead as gang opens fire at rivals, accused on the run
- Meerut: Two killed in robbery attempt
The family of the victims have accused four men. There was a dispute over moneylending and an FIR has been registered. We are investigating the matter and arrests will be made soon,” said a senior police officer.