In the ongoing trial of filmmaker Mahmood Farooqui, accused of raping an American research scholar, the person who had introduced the ‘Peepli Live’ co-director to the complainant deposed on Tuesday. Danish Hussain, 44, told the court that the complainant had informed him about the sexual assault immediately after the incident.
During his examination, Hussain told the court that on the night of March 28, he had received text messages from the woman, who told him that the accused had forced himself upon her.
- SC junks plea against acquittal of Peepli Live director Mahmood Farooqui in rape case, calls Delhi HC verdict ‘well written’
- Filmmaker Mahmood Farooqui sentenced to 7 years imprisonment for raping US scholar
- Peepli Live director Mahmood Farooqui convicted of rape, faces life in prison
- Mahmood Farooqui convicted for rape: Timeline of case events
- Court starts trial in rape case against Mahmood Farooqui
- Mahmood Farooqui, husband of ‘Peepli Live’ director, held for rape charges
Hussain told Additional Sessions Judge Sanjiv Jain that after the complainant informed him about the incident, he urged her to leave Farooqui’s residence as soon as possible.
During the cross-examination, Hussain said that he had received emails from the complainant later, containing forwarded emails exchanged between her and the accused, which even included mails from Farooqui’s wife Anusha Rizvi.
The recording of the witness’s statement remained inconclusive and will resume on Wednesday.