Sources privy to the discussions during the meeting said battling corruption dominated the conversation between Kejriwal and Khan. “Met Imran Khan and we shared our experiences in politics. Both challenging status quo in respective countries,” Kejriwal tweeted.
- AAP sit-in at Raj Niwas: IAS officers, Arvind Kejriwal take ‘two steps forward’
- Toothbrushes, mattresses and files for Arvind Kejriwal as L-G office sit-in enters day three
- BJP’s doors are open for Kapil Mishra, we need friends like him: Vijay Goel
- Pakistan general elections to be held on July 25: All you need to know about the upcoming polls
- Delhi chief secy assault case: CM Arvind Kejriwal to join probe tomorrow
- Like Nawaz Sharif, Imran Khan on a sticky wicket over allegations against Pak army
“The two leaders mainly spoke about corruption and ways to combat it. Khan told the chief minister that he believes corruption percolates from the top. He said their provincial government had acted against 5,000 police officers facing charges of corruption,” said a source.
PTI leads the provincial government in Pakistan’s Kyber Pakhtunkhwa. “Khan said the problems in both India and Pakistan were the same. However, his provincial government faces no interference from the Centre in Pakistan,” said a source. Khan was at Eden Gardens in Kolkata Saturday to watch the T20 match between India and Pakistan.
Sources said the leaders agreed to remain in touch with one another. Khan said he had been following the AAP’s rise in Indian politics closely, as he too has been fighting for about 20 years to bring about change, added the source. While Kejriwal and Khan did talk about Saturday’s match, in which India beat Pakistan by six wickets, cricket was mentioned only in passing, said sources.