August 27, 2009 12:38:58 am
Two months after the Economic Offences Wing lodged a cheating case against the managing director of Green City Buildtech Limited,Jeetendra Choudhary,for duping hundreds of investors,Noida Police on Wednesday seized his property in Gamma-I sector of Greater Noida
Acting on seven complaints registered against the builder in Noidas Sector 58 police station since last year,Pritam Pal Singh,Station House Officer of Sector-58 and his team seized the 350-square metre plot registered in the name of Choudharys wife Sunita.
Senior police officers said the property is valued at over Rs 4 crore.
We had received numerous complaints since last year, SHO Singh said. FIRs were lodged against Jeetendra Choudhary,his wife Sunita,Sanjay Kansal and several others of Green City Buildtech. We have not been able to arrest the accused yet.
Best of Express Premium
The Noida-based developing firm had floated advertisements in June 2006 about sale of 200-square feet plots in a project in Bhiwadi. Investments were made by several hundred people,with a minimum advance of Rs 2 lakh,according to complainants. But investors later learnt that Green City did not have licence for the land it had been selling.
There are many cases against the builder in Bhiwani,Agra and Delhi, an officer said.
The cases have been lodged under IPC sections dealing with cheating and dishonesty inducing delivery of property,criminal breach of trust,intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace,punishment for criminal intimidation,forgery of valuable security and will and forgery for purpose of cheating and using as genuine a forged document or record.
* Kaushalya Ram,a West Patel Nagar resident,he lodged first FIR against Choudhary,wife Sunita and Sanjay Kansal on December 8,2008. Green City duped me of Rs 7.86 lakh they promised me a flat they never had, the FIR says
* Rajeev Gautam of Gurgaon lodged FIR last December 16. They booked me a house and then threatened me with dire consequences after I told them I will lodge a complaint, the FIR says
* Rajesh Nanda of Pitampura lodged a police complaint on May 5 this year
* Sangeeta Ahuja of Rajouri Garden says duped of Rs 2.5 lakh; lodged a complaint on May 30
* Ajay Tondon of Kanpur lodged FIR against builder for duping him of Rs 7.42 lakh
* K Kaushal of Karol Bagh lodged FIR on July 16 after being duped of Rs 7 lakh
* Ashok K Singh of Rajat Vihar,Noida,claims he paid rs 5.07 lakh advance; lodged police complaint on July 31
📣 Join our Telegram channel (The Indian Express) for the latest news and updates
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.