scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Friday, January 22, 2021

ATS readies ‘Pak link’,cleric says no burial here

While the UP Anti-Terrorism Squad maintained that the state police would soon send details of the two slain “militants” to the External Affairs ministry to forward them to Pakistan...

Written by Express News Service | Noida | January 28, 2009 12:22:33 am

Sending details of Pak link to MEA soon: ATS : FIR says only 1 passport seized : Local imam says won’t bury traitors

While the UP Anti-Terrorism Squad maintained that the state police would soon send details of the two slain “militants” to the External Affairs ministry to forward them to Pakistan,Shahi Imam of Dadri and Noida C M Mustafa today said that the community would not let them be buried here.

The police on Sunday had claimed to have found two Pakistani passports from the alleged militants’ car following the encounter in Noida’s Sector-97 late Saturday night. As per the passports,the suspected militants,identified as Ali Ahmad (alias Farooq) and Abu Ismail,came from Pakistan’s Okara and Rawalakot (in PoK),respectively. They were gunned down after a brief chase while trying to sneak into Delhi on the eve of Republic Day.

Interestingly,the FIR registered by Sector 39 police station says the ATS found only one Pakistani passport from the alleged terrorists. “The militant,Ali Ahmed,alias Farooq,was born on December 9,1987,” the FIR states. “He was issued the Pakistani passport on December 30,2006; the booklet number printed on it is A-3418737. The number carved on his AK-47 is R 11289 and 11759,while the number on Ismail’s AK-47 is R 1131318503 and 19503.”

On Tuesday,Mustafa said,“We have told District Magistrate Shravan Kumar and Noida SSP Naveen Arora that the land of this country will not give space to traitors.” Mustafa,also national president of the All India Milli Tanzeem Al-Faiz,submitted a memorandum to the Noida Administration to this effect.

District Magistrate Shravan Kumar,however,said it’s up to the government to take a decision on their burial.

The Muslim Council had earlier refused to give space to bury the nine militants killed during the Mumbai siege last November.

Besides “warning” the administration that the alleged militants should not be buried in this country,Mustafa also thanked the ATS team for killing the “militants”. “In case,the Pakistan High Commission refuses to accept the bodies of the slain duo,let vultures feed on their bodies,” Mustafa said. “Militants should know that by killing people they are doing sin as per Islam.”

District Magistrate Shravan Kumar said,“Even if Pakistan refuses to own the bodies,the administration will go by the law of the land. If the Muslim organisation opposes burial here,we will try to solve this through discussions.”

Meanwhile,the postmortem report has shown that Farooq took nine bullets while Ismail received eight gunshots,Sector-39 Station House Officer Anil Samania said. He said the autopsy reveals the duo received bullet injuries primarily on their upper bodies. “All the bullets pierced through,none was found in the bodies,” Samania said.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Delhi News, download Indian Express App.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement