All upcoming metro stations including 32 of them under the Delhi Metro will have toilets, Rajya Sabha was informed today.
Direction has been issued to all metro companies implementing metro projects under 50:50 joint venture partnership between the Centre and respective state and Union Territory (UT) governments to provide toilets in the paid areas of all proposed metro stations, Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu said in a written reply.
- Delhi: PM Modi inaugurates Mundka-Bahadurgarh Metro corridor
- PM Modi likely to inaugurate Delhi Metro’s Mundka-Bahadurgarh line on Sunday
- As Delhi Metro’s Magenta Line rolls out, all eyes on Phase 4
- Delhi Metro: South Campus, Moti Bagh among 10 stations renamed
- ‘Nominal fees charged for water, toilets to prevent their misuse: Delhi Metro to High Court’
- CISF gets over 6,600 personnel for Delhi Metro, VIP security
He said all stations of metro projects being implemented under equal joint venture partnership between the Centre and respective state and UT governments have toilets in the paid and unpaid areas.
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation has informed that 32 of its upcoming stations under the Phase-III project in Delhi will
have toilets in the paid area.
Naidu further said there are no separate funds earmarked for construction of toilets at metro stations. Toilets are an
integral part of the station design and the cost of construction of toilets is part of the project cost.