Updated: March 11, 2015 8:37:37 am
The full transcript of the AAP letter given out to the media on Tuesday.
During the Aam Aadmi Party’s National Executive meeting held on March 4, a decision was taken to free Yogendra Yadav and Prashant Bhushan from responsibilities of the PAC to remove the impasse in the party.
The party decided against making public the reasons for their removal from the PAC because it would have had a negative impact on their character. But, after the meeting, statements are being made continuously in the media to create an atmosphere that the National Executive took this decision in an undemocratic and irresponsible manner. After watching the media, volunteers have been raising the question as to why they were removed from the PAC. With the creation of an anti-party atmosphere in the media, the party has been forced to make public the reasons behind the removal of two senior colleagues from the PAC.
The AAP in Delhi elections got a historic victory. This victory has been made possible because of the determined efforts of all volunteers.
But when all volunteers were trying to make the AAP win, at that time three of our main leaders were making full efforts to ensure that the party loses. These three leaders are – Prashant Bhushan, Yogendra Yadav and Shanti Bhushan.
Some examples of such attempts by them are:
1) They, especially, Prashant Bhushan, called volunteers from other states and tried to stop them from coming to Delhi for election campaigning. Prashantji told volunteers from other states, “Even I am not campaigning for Delhi elections. All of you should also not come here. This time, it is necessary for the party to lose, only then will Arvind come to his senses.” Anjali Damania has also confirmed this that Prashantji, in front of her, told this to volunteers from Mysore.
2) When some people wanted to donate to the party, Prashantji stopped them from doing so.
3) Two weeks before elections, when Ashish Khetan called Prashantji to request him to lead the Delhi Dialogue on issues of Lokpal and Swaraj, Prashantji told Khetan that leave alone campaigning for the party, he wanted the party to lose the elections in Delhi. He said his attempts are to ensure that the party does not get more than 20-22 seats as a possible change in leadership will take place only if the party loses.
4) During the entire election, Prashantji threatened repeatedly that he will hold a press conference and destroy the party’s preparations. He knew that there was a tough contest between the AAP and the BJP . If a senior leader of any party talks against the party, then even a winning hand will translate into a loss.
5) To make Prashantji and his father understand that they do not say unnecessary things to the media, around 10 main leaders of the party went to Prashantji’s house for three consecutive days, trying to make him understand. At a time when our leaders should have been campaigning, they were trying to convince these three.
6) On the other hand, the party has a lot of evidence which shows how Yogendra Yadavji tried to tarnish Arvind’s image by getting negative stories printed in the media. The biggest example of this is The Hindu newspaper report, published in August 2014, in which a negative picture of Arvind and the party was presented. The reporter who came out with this report, revealed the details a few days ago, about how Yadavji had planted this news. In a private conversation, some other big editors said Yadavji used to meet them during Delhi elections and he would talk off the record about things which would have hampered Arvind’s image.
7) AVAM is an organisation run by the BJP. During polls, ‘AVAM’ defamed the Aam Aadmi Party a lot. Prashant Bhushan supported ‘AVAM’ openly. Shanti Bhushanji openly gave statements supporting ‘AVAM’ and against the ‘AAP’.
8) A few days before elections, Shanti Bhushanji said he has more faith in the BJP’s CM candidate Kiran Bedi than Arvind. All party colleagues were shocked when they heard this. Volunteers were asking if this is the case, then what was he doing in the Aam Aadmi Party. Why didn’t he go to the BJP? Apart from this, Shanti Bhushanji gave statements against Arvind on several occasions.
It is unfortunate that when all volunteers were working hard, these senior leaders were trying to weaken the party and make it lose.
Translated from Hindi by Aditi Vatsa
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.