Seven students,including four girls,of a Kathak training institute were admitted at Bara Hindu Rao hospital in North Delhi on Wednesday night,for suspected food poisoning,possibly from hostel food.
The students of Kathak Kendra at GTB Nagar were rushed to the hospital around 9 pm on Wednesday night.
Dr R B Mittal,hospital medical superintendent,said,The students were admitted with symptoms of food poisoning such as nausea,stomach ache and vomiting. It is not clear what they ate,but the most likely reason for the condition seems to be food poisoning.
The students,aged between 20-22 years,have been given supplementary fluids,to replenish water loss.
Dr Mittal said while six of the students had stabilised by Thursday afternoon,one girl continued to show symptoms and doctors were watching her condition closely.