Delhi police on Monday recovered a huge haul of 449 kilograms of marijuana from a truck on GT Karnal Road and arrested one person in connection with it.
- Thane police: CDR scam mastermind arrested from Delhi
- Inter-state drug cartel busted, 3 held in Delhi
- Delhi teacher thrashed for asking men not to drink outside home
- Delhi: Heroin worth Rs 125 crore seized, four arrested
- Contraband worth Rs 25 cr seized from special truck
- AroundTown: Man held with two kilograms of marijuana
The truck was intercepted by a PCR van this morning, following a tip-off that some people were carrying illegal drugs in a truck bearing Punjab registration number, said DCP (Control Room) R K Singh.
Police arrested one Surjit Singh, a resident of Gurdaspur in Punjab, while his two accomplices managed to flee from the spot, he said.
Nine bags containing 449 kg of marijuana were recovered from the truck. The accused and the truck were handed over to the local police of Mahindra Park Police Station.
A case under Sections 20/61/85 of NDPS Act has been registered by the police, he said.