- India vs England 3rd Test Day 4 Live Cricket Score Streaming, Ind vs Eng Live Score: India need four wickets to win
- Kerala floods LIVE: All affected tracks restored, says Indian Railway; normal rail traffic to begin from today
- Asian Games 2018 Day 3 Highlights: India add five medals to tally with one gold
A 20-year-old woman who was allegedly raped in February committed suicide by hanging herself at her home in northeast Delhi’s Harsh Vihar area, said police Monday. The woman has left a note accusing the family of her alleged rapist of pressuring her family to arrive at a compromise, police added.
The girl was found hanging by a family member around 6.30 am Monday, said police. Her family told police she had been depressed since the rape and did not appear for the Class XII examination.
- Delhi: Unable to attend karate event, girl hangs herself
- UP: Prime accused in rape, murder case found hanging in Etah
- ‘Husband’ says woman complainant ‘promiscuous’, rape accused’s kin file complaint of fraud against her
- 17-year-old girl hangs self: Sister says she wanted to provide for the family
- Delhi: 17-year-old found hanging at police post, cops face action
- Uttar Pradesh: Tricked, made to embrace Islam, says woman married for 10 years
Sources said the woman got to know that family members of the accused had gone to her village and pressured her grandparents to settle the matter. The woman’s brother said she was depressed for a few days, but did not say why.
The woman had accused Nain Singh, who lived in her area, of raping her after giving her a drink laced with sedatives, said sources. Police arrested Singh, who got bail, the sources added.
DCP (northeast) Ajit Kumar Singla said police would register a case of abetment of suicide. “We are in the process of registering a case under section 306 as preliminary inquiry reveals the girl was under pressure,” he added.