Two persons were killed and three injured after the car they were travelling in rammed into a divider, turned turtle and hit a tree. The incident was reported from South Delhi’s Moti Bagh area on Sunday night. Police said they suspect the five occupants of the car were under the influence of alcohol and were over-speeding.
The men have been identified as Amit (35), Navneet (23), Anil (26), Sandeep (31) and Pankaj (30). Police said Amit and Navneet were declared dead on arrival at AIIMS while Anil and Sandeep are in critical condition. Pankaj escaped with minor injuries, police said.
- Five injured in accident: Police arrest woman for drunk driving in Delhi
- Gujarat: Speeding car kills three of family
- Mumbai: Man killed as car hits divider
- One dead as car rams divider at Gurgaon underpass
- Delhi’s most wanted among four killed in daylight encounter, eight policemen injured
- Delhi encounter: Day of frenzy at AIIMS as injured officers, dead gangsters are rushed to hospital
Police said they were driving towards their residence in Sagarpur from a party in Gurgaon when the incident occurred. “The five must have been heavily drunk because we recovered bottles of soda, water and liquor from the car. We are, however, waiting for the autopsy reports,” a police officer said.
Police said they have registered a case of negligent and rash driving against Pankaj, who was driving. He was arrested later in the night. “Around 11 pm on Sunday night, Pankaj — while driving through Moti Bagh from Rao Tula Ram Marg — lost control of the vehicle and rammed it into the divider. Pankaj was driving at such a high speed that the car then overturned and rammed into a tree to the left of the road,” the officer said.
Police said Pankaj made a PCR but got scared and fled the spot before police turned up. He later surrendered to police and was taken into custody.