An 11-month-old Labrador Retriever, Sugar, protected her 51-year-old mistress who was attacked by an intruder at her house in south Delhi’s R K Puram, said police Friday.
According to the woman’s husband, she was alone at home Wednesday afternoon when someone rang the bell.
- Delhi: Separated for six years by family, couple reunited
- Truck runs over woman, toddler in Deonar; driver arrested
- Delhi: Man strangles wife, surrenders in Kamla Market
- Delhi: 52-yr-old held for raping, assaulting daughter-in-law
- Sambhal: Woman alleges acid attack by husband, in-laws; booked for filing false complaint
- Woman found tied in bedroom,husband killed
“It was a man aged around 25 to 28 years. He had a large backpack, like a courier delivery boy. He said he had a mail for me, following which my wife opened the door. The man suddenly hit her on the abdomen with his knee, grabbed her and pushed her down,” he said.
This is when Sugar came to her rescue. She pounced on the intruder and he fell down. The intruder got up and ran, with Sugar in hot pursuit. However, he managed to flee.
The chairperson of the residential society where the attack took place was informed about the incident and later the woman’s husband approached the police. “A case was registered under IPC section 451 (house-trespass in order to commit offence). We are checking CCTV footage to ascertain the identity of the accused,” said an officer.
WATCH INDIAN EXPRESS VIDEOS HERE