Over 100 taken ill due to suspected ‘food poisoning’ at Palgharhttps://indianexpress.com/article/cities/city-others/over-100-taken-ill-due-to-suspected-food-poisoning-at-palghar-5069531/

Over 100 taken ill due to suspected ‘food poisoning’ at Palghar

All of them were administered medical aid and later discharged, a senior police official said, adding the food samples were handed over to the Food and Drugs Administration officials for an examination. 

Over 100 taken ill due to 'food poisoning'
Over 100 persons fell ill due to suspected food poisoning at a wedding ceremony by eating ‘Gajar Ka Halwa’ at Palghar. (Representational Image)

In a suspected case of ‘food poisoning’, around 105 persons were taken ill after they consumed a sweet at a marriage ceremony at Palghar, police said on Monday. These persons had visited the wedding ceremony on Sunday and ate ‘Gajar Ka Halwa’ (a sweet made of carrots). After eating the sweet, they complained of giddiness, nausea following which they were rushed to various hospitals at Palghar and Safala, a senior police official said.

All of them were administered medical aid and later discharged, he said, adding the food samples were handed over to the Food and Drugs Administration officials for an examination. No case has been registered so far, the officer said, adding a probe was on.

Download the Indian Express apps for iPhone, iPad or Android