scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Odisha: 18 students inhale toxic fumes during science experiment, fall ill

At least 18 students of a private school here were taken ill for inhaling toxic substances during a science experiment, the police said.

By: PTI | Balasore |
July 20, 2017 6:43:35 pm
The students become ill as they inhaled some toxic gas, which emitted from the experiment, the police said. (Representational image)

At least 18 students of a private school here were taken ill for inhaling toxic substances during a science experiment, the police said. The incident took place when some VIII standard students of Saraswati Sishu Mandir at Balia near here were experimenting with chemicals for a demonstration in the chemistry class.

The students become ill as they inhaled some toxic gas, which emitted from the experiment, the police said. The students complained of nausea, vomiting and some even fainted in the classroom. They were rushed to Balasore district hospital for treatment.

Chief district medical officer, Balasore, Bibekananda Das said “15 students were admitted at the hospital. All of them were discharged after treatment. Only one student is kept on observations.”

Best of Express Premium

After Gyanvapi, needle moves within BJP on Kashi, Mathura: ‘Shivlin...Premium
Explained: LIC’s shares are trading at a discount — but here’...Premium
UPSC CSE Key – May 17, 2022: What you need to read todayPremium
Explained: What are urban heat islands, and why are they worsening during...Premium

For all the latest City Others News, download Indian Express App.

  • Newsguard
  • The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
  • Newsguard
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement