A construction site at Kodigehalli turned a danger zone Tuesday morning when a 20-year-old died of electrocution and two cops were injured.
The police said Pavan of Sahakaranagar,who lived in a makeshift house near the site,had gone to answer the call of nature under a railway bridge near Samruddhi Gardenia Apartments in Sahakaranagar A block when he came in contact with a live wire and died on the spot. Railway track work and heavy rain of the previous night had exposed the wire.
Pavan,a native of Pandavapura in Mandya district,had come to Bangalore with his mother and two elder brothers to work in the construction sector.
Sub-inspector Arun Kumar and constable Sathish,who arrived at the scene around 7.30 am to make sure supply to the line was cut,received a shock as they tried to examine the body.
The police have taken up a case of negligence case against Bangalore Electricity Supply Company.