scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Friday, September 24, 2021

Two die after inhaling generator fumes in TN

Three others have been admitted to a government hospital in the district.

By: PTI | Udhagamandalam |
July 24, 2021 11:51:33 am
Some villagers found them lying unconscious early on Saturday and rushed them to the government hospital.

Two persons died after allegedly inhaling smoke emanating from a power generator, which was running overnight following a power cut in a village near here, police said on Saturday.

Three others have been admitted to a government hospital in the district.

All the five had gone to switch on the generator following disruption of electricity at a temple festival in Sholur Ooradi on Friday night and fell asleep in the closed room housing it.

Some villagers found them lying unconscious early on Saturday and rushed them to the government hospital.

While two people were declared brought dead, others are undergoing treatment, at the hospital, they said.

Investigations are on, they added.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Chennai News, download Indian Express App.

  • The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement