scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Chennai: 3 of family die after inhaling gas from malfunctiong AC

Neighbours grew suspicious as the family did not open the door for a long time Tuesday and alerted police, who later broke it open to find the three bodies.

By: Express Web Desk | Chennai | Updated: October 2, 2018 7:32:04 pm
Vadodara news, murder in Vadodara, Vadodara crime news, killed by friends, murdered, jealousy, feud over bike, youth murdered, Indian Express Neighbours grew suspicious as the family did not open the door for a long time Tuesday and alerted police, who later broke it open to find the three bodies. (Representational Image)

Three of a family, including an eight-year-old boy, died Monday night after they inhaled gas which leaked from a malfunctioning air conditioner, police said Tuesday.

They said the 35-year-old man, his wife and son were residents of Thiruvalluvar Nagar at Koyambedu in the city.

Neighbours grew suspicious as the family did not open the door for a long time Tuesday and alerted police, who later broke it open to find the three bodies. Initial investigations revealed that the couple had turned on the inverter Monday night as there was a power cut in the area, a senior police officer told PTI.

Power supply was restored around midnight, but the couple and the child died after they inhaled gas which leaked from a malfunctioning air conditioner, he said.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Chennai News, download Indian Express App.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement