Updated: September 2, 2021 6:33:37 am
The Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation (Tangedco) has announced that power will be suspended in parts of Chennai today for carrying out maintenance work in the city.
Parts of Chennai will face a power shutdown from 9 am to 2 pm, with supply expected to resume before 2 pm if the work is completed.
Power cut update for September 2 – Click here
As per a press release given by the company, the following neighbourhoods in Chennai will be affected:
- Radha Nagar: GST Road, RBI Colony and Sashthri Colony
- ETL: Kamakoti Nagar, Anna MGR Nagar, Pudhu Thangal and Labour Colony
- Perungalathur: Sathyamoorthy Road, Thiruvallur Street, Vishnu Nagar, Amudham Nagar and Valmiki Street
- Pallavaram: Perumal Koil Street, Thiruchendur Nagar, Pallava Garden, Thoraipakkam Road and surrounding areas
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.