September 17, 2021 6:30:48 am
The Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation (Tangedco) has announced that power will be suspended in parts of Chennai today for carrying out maintenance work in the city.
Parts of Chennai will face a power shutdown from 9 am to 2 pm, with supply expected to resume before 2 pm if the work is completed.
As per a press release given by the company, the following neighbourhoods in Chennai will be affected:
- Kovilambakkam: Veeramani Nagar, Manikandan Nagar, Kamalam Nagar, Balamurugan Nagar Rani Mahal, Chinna Kovilambakkam and MGR Nagar 1st to 24th Streets
- Ottiyambakkam: Nethaji Nagar, Karanai Main Road, Nagalakshmi Nagar, Kamaraj Nagar and Arun Avenue
- Radha Nagar: Kumarapuram, Periyar Nagar, Kurinji Nagar, Senthi Nagar and surrounding areas
Adyar: Appar Street, Tiger Varadachari Road, Rukumani Nagar, Beach Road, Paari Street, Gangai Street, Thirumurgan Street and surrounding areas
- Thiruvanmiyur OMR: Kottivakkam, VSI Estate Phase-2 and PTK Nagar
- Sholinganallur: Parameswran Nagar, Balaji Nagar, TNHB, Bharathi Nagar, Dharmaraja koil and surrounding areas
Velachery: Dhandeeswaram Nagar
Arumbakkam: Srinivasa Nagar, Semathamman Nagar, Nerkundram, Krishna Nagar, Kamarajar Street, Perumal Koil Street and surrounding areas
Tondiarpet: Manali New Town, Vichoor, Sidco Estate, Ezhil Nagar, Ganapathy Nagar, Sriram Nagar, Napalayam, Ponniamman Nagar, MRF Nagar and surrounding areas
Sembium: Parimalam Nagar, Akbar Nagar, Suriya Nagar, Kanniappan Street and surrounding areas
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.