A youth shot a girl and then turned the gun on himself at Shersa village in Sonepat district Wednesday. The bodies of the two were found this morning at the residence of the youth.
According to the police, Pramod (28) wanted to marry Kajal (18). Both were working in an automobile company and lived in Shersa village.
Pramod reportedly met the girl’s family expressing his desire to marry her, however, Kajal refused the proposal.
Pramod was living in a rented accommodation in the village along with a roommate.
On Wednesday, Pramod called Kajal to his residence and then shot her in the forehead with 315 bore countrymade pistol; he then shot himself, said the police.
- Gorakhpur: Man held for kidnapping minor girl
- Ghaziabad: Five held for rape, murder of priest’s daughter
- After two beaten up, Dalits desert Baghpat village
- Sonepat honour killing: All I feel is pain, says victim’s grandfather
- Murder of 18-year-old youth in Sonepat: Broken bangles, call records led police to minor girl
- Youth held in Noida for ‘murdering’ 2 women in Bulandshahr
When Kajal, who had told her family she was going to a beauty parlour, did not return home, her parents started looking for her. This morning, they went to Pramod’s residence and found the door locked from inside. When they did not get any response, they called the village pradhan who then informed the police. The police broke open the door and found the two bodies on the bed.
Investigating Officer, sub-inspector Narinder said the girl’s family belongs to Nepal. They had been residing in the village over the past 12-13 years.
“The boy’s family resides in Uttar Pradesh and have been informed. They are yet to reach Sonipat. The postmortem examination will be conducted Friday,” he said.