With an aim to tackle growing traffic in the state,which may increase manifold after the implementation of the Registration of Independent Floors Scheme,the Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) is all set to clear multi-level parking lots for every sector of the state.
HUDA officials said they plan to utilise the extra income from the new scheme,which was set rolling today,to upgrade infrastructure in the state.
Guidelines for the Independent Floor Registration were issued at a high-level meeting held at the HUDA office today.
Under the scheme,an additional stamp duty of 1 per cent would be charged from the applicants. We plan to use this additional income to provide infrastructural facilities,the priority being multi-level parking in each sector of HUDA, said T C Gupta Chief Administrator,HUDA.
He added that the need for a multi-level parking for each sector was felt following the new system of independent floor registration,which is likely to increase vehicles in each sector.
Unlike Delhi where the residents are forced to park their vehicles on the roads,we would provide the residents of our state with multi-level parkings, said Gupta.
He added that multi-level parkings would be set up depending on the response to the new scheme and the number of people registering themselves under it.
The decision to charge extra stamp duty was taken recently at a meeting chaired by Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
It was felt that floor-wise dwellings would call for additional civic amenities and thus the revenue generated by the stamp duty could be used to upgrade infrastructure across various sectors.
Residents,meanwhile,welcomed the decision.
Its a great decision. While independent floors would go a long way in accommodating the increasing population,multi-level parkings would further help tackle the parking issues faced by the residents, said Sunita Monga,a resident of Sector 6,Panchkula.
Guidelines in a nutshell
* In case of built-up property situated in existing sectors,registration of independent floors will be allowed only in case of buildings constructed on the plots of 180 sq yards or above.
* Each independent floor will be recognised as a distinct,identifiable property with a separate identification number.
* Owner of each independent floor will be entitled to separate utility connections such as water supply and electricity.
* No increase in maximum permissible FAR will be allowed.
* No sub-division of plot and vertical divisions of buildings will be allowed.
* Disputes,if any,will be limited to the agreement partners and HUDA will not be a party.