A 47-year-old woman was killed, while her husband, a Panjab University employee, was critically injured in a road accident which took place on the airport road in Sector 77 Wednesday around 10 am.
- Uttar Pradesh: 17 killed, 24 injured as speeding bus overturns
- Shimla water crisis: Woman dies after being hit by water tanker on Mall Road
- Chandigarh: Two injured in separate road mishaps
- Gurgaon: Two killed in collision at Golf Course Road underpass, woman pilot critical
- Gurgaon hit-and-run: Speeding dumper rams into bike, four of a family killed
- 60-year-old woman among 3 killed in separate accidents
The driver of the speeding tipper which hit the couple’s Activa scooter fled from the spot after leaving his vehicle behind. The incident took place near Mata Sundri Gurdwara, when the couple was returning home from Sohana.
The deceased has been identified as Sushma. Her husband, Satish, who was admitted to a private hospital in the city, is said to be critical.
A case against an unidentified person has been registered at the Sohana police station for negligent driving.