The Chandigarh Police has lodged three FIRs against student organisations for defacement at different places in the city.
Checks were conducted Friday by teams comprising officials from the UT Administration, Municipal Corporation (Enforcement Branch) and the UT Police at the markets of sectors 10, 46, 26, 16, 11 and 42, Leisure Valley, Panjab University campus and the outer roads of Sector 25.
- PU student polls: Police take preventive action against 117 student leaders
- Defacement of public property: UT teams register 89 cases during PU polls
- Another PU student leader booked for defacement
- 5 student leaders booked for defacing public property
- PUSU chairman booked after his men stick poster on electricity box
- PU fines two student bodies presidents for defacement
An FIR was lodged at the Sector 3 police station against SOI, SOPU, GGSU, ISA, and PUSU for defacement in the Sector 10 market.
Another FIR was lodged against ISA, SOI and GGSU at the Sector 39 police station for defacement in the Sector 46
The third FIR was registered at the Sector 26 police station against NSUI and ISA for defacement at Guru Gobind Singh College for Women.
The FIRs were lodged under the Chandigarh Advertisement Control Order, 1954.
According to the officials, more such checks will be carried out till the completion of the Panjab University Campus Students’ Council elections and strict action will be taken against the defaulters.