February 10, 2009 12:19:09 am
With the Panchkula administration undecided on Shravan Kumar,the 32-year-old who lost his wife and daughter and his leg in the Sector-20 wall collapse on July 12 last year,the labourer has decided to move court to claim the Rs 4 lakh compensation promised to him by the Panchkula administration after the incident.
Shravan also met Secretary,Red Cross,Panchkula,who gave him things of daily use and a pair of crutches.
I have lost everything. With the help of our colony representative Santosh Kumar,I have now decided to move court. Ironically,the authorities knew that I am not a resident of Haryana when they announced for the compensation,so why am I being denied the amount now, said Shravan.
Meanwhile,Panchkula Red Cross Secretary Vijaylaxmi said: We also offered Shravan to stay at the Old Age home in Sector 15 along with his two sons,but he refused. As the authorities had promised to reimburse the entire amount of his treatment,we have asked him to get in writing from the concerned doctor about the approximate amount spent by him for the treatment. We will then forward it to the Panchkula deputy commissioner for consideration.
Vijaylaxmi added that the members of the Red Cross would soon visit his accommodation in Sector 20 to further examine his case.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.