A SEPOY allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from a tree in a forested area in Chandimandir Military Station Wednesday.
V P Pawar was posted in Patiala and was sent on duty to Chandimandir two days ago. His family is based in Maharashtra.
- ‘A person’s name in suicide note not enough to charge him for abetment’
- Death of a jawan
- Maharashtra farmer commits suicide, holds Modi govt responsible
- V6 channel news anchor Radhika Reddy allegedly commits suicide in Hyderabad
- Sepoy suicide: Panchkula police team to visit Patiala
- Eight-month pregnant wife of armyman commits suicide
The police has also recovered a suicide note written in Hindi, in which Pawar has blamed his Company Commander and Subedar. “In the suicide note, he has written that he had shared his problems with his Company Commander and Subedar, but neither of them provided any help in solving it. Therefore, he took the extreme step,” said inspector Harbhajan Singh, Station House Officer (SHO), Chandimandir police station.
A case under Section 306 (abetment to suicide) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) was registered at Chandimandir police station. The body was shifted to the mortuary of General Hospital, Sector 6.