After being appointed state BJP president, Union Minister of State (MOS) Vijay Sampla will attend three workers’ meeting on Sunday in three Assembly constituencies.
Party sources said that the meetings will prepare the ground work for strategies to be followed ahead of the 2017 Assembly elections in Punjab.
The meetings are scheduled to be held in Jalandhar West, Jalandhar North and Jalandhar Centre – all currently held by the BJP. Punjab BJP in-charge Parbhat Jha and Jalandhar party chief Ramesh Sharma will also participate in the meet.
- In Jalandhar, RSS chief meets Sangh leaders from three states
- In-fighting to fore in Punjab BJP as PM Modi visits Malout today
- Shwait Malik is new Punjab BJP chief
- Chandigarh: Vijay Sampla revives Sahyog project, first meeting today
- Punjab elections 2016: AAP will sell tickets to highest bidders, says Vijay Sampla
- From a labourer to Punjab BJP chief, the rise of Vijay Sampla
BJP sources said that such meetings are being planned for all 23 assembly constituencies of the state from where the party’s candidates will contest. “The purpose will be to send the party’s message door-to-door to every voter through booth-level workers,” said a leader in the party.
“We will take feedback about the performance of BJP MLAs from the workers and also asked them to touch every household repeatedly ahead of the elections.”
BJP District media spokesperson Bhagat Manohar Lal said that state BJP president will attend all the three meetings as well.